Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Recovering From Acl Injury My Dog Has An ACL Injury?

My dog has an ACL injury? - recovering from acl injury

My golden retriever just had to undergo an operation on his left knee ACL - approx. 4 weeks ago. During a follow-up visit to the vet yesterday, broke the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. I am looking for advice or suggestions on how to proceed. Should I go with the surgery again, knowing it is not completely recovered from his previous operation, or is it better to make the terrible decision to put down too? It is only 3.5 years.

2 comments:

Master Blaster said...

I told you, the industry was put into the fight a bad idea. But do you hear me? No! : D

5gr8k9s said...

Perhaps he has taken things to extremes, but I had surgery on both knees, while my female Shih Tzu. I'm sure it was much easier to keep the rest in a quiet golden age of 3.5 years, but it worked very well at the age of 13 survived. She is now 17 and the knee is not at all care. My advice would be to go ahead and the second operation. What is your vet recommends?
Good luck to you and your child!

Post a Comment